Suggestions on Treating Your Cat in a Healthy Way
Treating your cat with a homemade treat or cookie you've made yourself can be a great way to connect with your cat and display your care and love. Here are a few recipes that you can make at home using our Science Diet®, Ideal Balance® or Prescription Diet® cat foods.
NOTE: If you are feeding Prescription Diet® a/d® Canine/Feline food, this food cannot be made into homemade cat treats using the recipes below. However, we do have a suggestion on how you can make a special homemade cat treat using a/d® that is at the bottom of this article. Science Diet Homestyle Suppers, Science Diet Tender Dinners and Ideal Balance canned foods wit,h chunks in gravy cannot be made into cat treats using these recipes. Instead please use a minced or loaf form of Science Diet.
Remember not to freeze homemade cat treats. All homemade cat treats that have been baked should be stored in the refrigerator no longer than 5-7 days to maintain their freshness and prevent spoilage.
Yield: approx. two dozen cat treats
Cat Treats from Canned Cat Food:
- Open the can and shake the loaf of cat food out of the can.
- Cut the loaf into 1/4" thick slices, and then cut the slices into bite-sized pieces.
- Bake the cat treats in a microwave oven on high for approximately 2½ to 3 minutes. For a conventional oven, follow the instructions above and place the bite-sized pieces on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until crispy.
Snack “Triangles” from Canned Cat Food:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1/2 can of cat food onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Cut the flattened cat food into triangles, each 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the triangles on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the triangles, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cat treats cool completely before serving to your cat.
Gravy from Canned Cat Food:
- Crumble 1/2 can of cat food into a measuring cup.
- Add 1/3 cup water to the measuring cup.
- Stir ingredients until the mixture is combined to the consistency of gravy.
Cat Treats from Dry Cat Food:
- In a blender, add 2 cups of dry cat food and grind into a powder.
- Pour powder into a mixing bowl and gradually add about 1 to 1¼ cups of water, stirring until it forms a dough consistency.
- Shape into individual "treats" or "cookies" and flatten the dough using the back of a spoon (the cookies will not flatten like standard "people cookies" do.)
- Place cat treats on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until crispy. Do not freeze homemade cat treats.
Cookie cutters in fun shapes make cat treats fun to make and serve, especially around the holidays!
Special: Frozen Cat Treat with Prescription Diet® a/d® Canine/Feline
- Roll the canned cat food into little balls and place in the freezer to serve later as a frozen cat treat.
Just like any other cat treat, homemade cat treats should not exceed 10% of your cat’s total daily intake.
Дали защото току-що сте донесли ново котенце в дома си, или пък защото Вашата капризна котка изисква преразглеждане на храната за вечеря, важно е да знаете как да дешифрирате етикетите на храните за домашни любимци. Ако една храна е без зърнени продукти, значи ли това, че тя има и по-малко въглехидрати? Какво означава Гарантиран Анализ?